May your rolls be Critical, and your enemies Nerfed.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Back story musings

I am beginning to realize how difficult it is to keep a blog on the adventure at hand. While I want to categorically catalog the happenings in the world of Landera (the name for the Material realm in my campaign), there is a lot that happens behind the scenes that would be more poignant to write as it happens (for the casual reader's sake at least). Unfortunately, I have shared this blog with my players, and so I cant really clue them into many of the reciprocal acts their actions take without completely destroying the air of blissful unawareness that keeps the game both realistic and intriguing. I cannot bring myself to ruin a good surprise, however the haphazard nature of my writings make it so that those following along might be confused as to how these things came to be in the first place. So all these wonderful secret acts are played out of paper in my notebook, probably never to see the glow of a computer screen unless the characters seek out the knowledge themselves. Thus is the nature of back story...

No comments:

Post a Comment